The term ‘Generation Europe Foundation’, ‘GEF’, or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at 123 Chaussée St. Pierre, 1040 Brussels, Belgium. Our company registration number is BE0460030220. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We provide no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Belgium.
This website and its content is copyright of GEF - © Generation Europe Foundation, 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Special conditions for materials contained in the Teachers’ Corner:
- you may copy and distribute materials provided in the Teachers’ Corner in your role as an educator;
these materials must be provided free of charge and this website must be acknowledged as the source of the material.
Privacy and Data protection
Generation Europe Foundation (GEF) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personally identifying information you provide on this web site is used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GEF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21 June 2012.
Data collected are protected under the Belgian legislation on Data Protection.
What we collect
If you agree, we may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including work place, workplace address and email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have requested it, we may periodically send newsletters about our activities which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, and if you agree, we may also use your information to contact you by phone or email for research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to be contacted by us, either for research purposes or with our newsletter, you may change your mind at any time by modifying your profile (“About me” section), or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so or unless the performance of our service requires it (e.g. sending materials by post).
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Belgian Data Protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your input to the website
Generation Europe Foundation solicits and welcomes your comments and opinions on the materials we make available through this web site.
Your comments are reviewed, and GEF reserves the right to remove comments that:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be "spam", that is posts containing the same, or similar, content posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic
- Contain links to other websites have any of the characteristics mentioned hereabove.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Generation Europe Foundation and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of GEF. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, GEF takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.